Saturday, August 21, 2010

Water, water...nowhere


It's been an interesting week here in Swaziland. We have been without water on and off for the past week. One minute we have water, the next minute we don't. Because we don't have water or are short on it, we don't get to use the bathrooms anymore. This is our new bathroom, which is a toilet seat nailed to some boards that are above a hole in the ground. I have no idea what is thrown over the "toilet", but this is what I get to use for a bathroom. For those of you that know my sense of humor and think I'm pulling your leg, really...I'm not. This is actually our "outhouse". I call it the Pod because it reminds me of what the astronauts come back to earth in. Quite interesting. Oh and if we want to do laundry, we now get to walk to the river to get water. Now this is what I thought Africa would be like. :)

1 comment:

  1. You're a trooper!! We hauled water with the gogos at the church we were serving at and that is no easy task... Glad you're safe though, it was awesome to read your God stories!!

    ReplyDelete